Join the team at the Marine Discovery Centre for a morning of interactive fun, marine-based learning and a beach marine trail on Henley Beach.
During the session, children will have access to a variety of interactive discovery stations including Kaurna learning, sea aquariums, brand new virtual reality headsets, brand new hands-on games and recycled craft activities
* Please note: Tickets are only required for children, one parent per child (multiple children are allowed though). Parent's must order their ticket (free of charge) when purchasing tickets for children. Parents must stay with children throughout the session.
10am - 11.30am - Interactive Centre Activities
11.30am - 12pm - Guided Beach Marine Trail on Henley Beach (if weather permits)
Marine Discovery CentreCnr Seaview Road & Marlborough Street, Henley Beach, SA 5022
* Materials for recycled craft activities, art can be taken home
* Aquariums featuring local South Australian marine creatures such as the Port Jackson Shark, Goby's, Big-Bellied Seahorses, Southern Fiddler Ray, Porcupine Fish, Murray River Turtle and more
* Brand new Virtual Reality Headsets giving you the opportunity to explore under the sea without getting wet. Underwater virtual reality experiences include Australian Sea Lions, Leafy Seadragons, swimming under the Henley Beach Jetty, and Google Expeditions to the Great Barrier Reef
* Kaurna education Room (The Wodli) is an interactive room which highlights the relationship that Kaurna people have with the Adelaide Plains and the coast.
* Interactive models featuring our brand new diving games, brand new beachcombing game plus oceanography, climate change, marine debris, marine habitats, touchscreens, sustainable fishing, stormwater, beachcombing, and get hands-on with our microscopes.
* Henley Beach Marine Trail 11.30am - 12pm (if weather permits)
* Each child will receive a free beachcombing sheet to take home
Seeded by Green Adelaide