Aimed at Primary school students. The afternoon will encourage independence and self-growth and allows the students to discover a love and appreciation for the marine world around us. The team at the Marine Discovery Centre will provide both indoor and outdoor setting for children to engage in interactive learning experiences while empowering them to actively protect South Australia’s iconic coastal and marine environments.
The activities that the children will be participating in, include but not limited to:
Young people will also get free time to explore the Marine Discovery Centre
During the session, visitors will have access to a variety of interactive discovery stations including Kaurna learning, sea aquariums, brand new virtual reality headsets, and brand new hands-on games.
* Please note: Tickets are only required for children, one parent per child (multiple children are allowed though). Parents must order their tickets (free of charge) when purchasing tickets for children. Parents must stay with children throughout the session.
Marine Discovery Centre
Cnr Seaview Road & Marlborough Street, Henley Beach, SA 5022
* Aquariums featuring local South Australian marine creatures such as Big-Bellied Seahorses, Tasmanian Horned Blenny, Southern Fiddler Ray, Porcupine Fish, Murray River Turtle and more
* Virtual Reality Headsets give children the opportunity to explore under the sea without getting wet. Underwater virtual reality experiences include Australian Sea Lions, Leafy Seadragons, swimming under the Henley Beach Jetty, and Google Expeditions to the Great Barrier Reef
* Kaurna education Room (The Wodli) is an interactive room that highlights the relationship that Kaurna people have with the Adelaide Plains and the coast.
* Interactive models featuring our brand new diving games, brand new beachcombing game plus oceanography, listen to the sounds of the ocean, watch fish school and shoal, learn about the impacts of climate change in South Australia, marine debris, marine habitats, touchscreens, sustainable fishing, stormwater, beachcombing, and get hands-on with our microscopes.
* Each child will receive a free beachcombing sheet to take home