The Kids Marine Scientist Club is a weekly drop-off club for primary school children aged 7 to 13 years. The Kids Marine Scientist Club encourages independence and self-growth and allows the students to discover a love and appreciation for the marine world around us. The team at the Marine Discovery Centre will provide both indoor and outdoor setting for children to engage in interactive learning experiences while empowering them to actively protect South Australia’s iconic coastal and marine environments.
There will be weekly activities that the children will be participating in, including but not limited to:
- Henley Beach Marine Trail
- Marine Debris Survey Program
- Learning how to feed marine and freshwater creatures and aquarium tank maintenance
- Aboriginal Cultural knowledge and understanding
- STEM activities – making / collecting / building
- Recycled art activities
- Junior Dolphin Ranger program
- Secchi Disc recording and understanding ocean transparency
- Ocean currents
- Plastic pollution and stormwater
- Learning about South Australian marine creatures up close and personal
- Thursdays from 4pm to 5pm
- For ages 7 to 13 years
- Cost is $80 (+GST) per child, $60 (+GST) for each additional sibling after the first child is enrolled
- Term length, 10 weeks in line with school terms
- Bookings are essential with the first session commencing on Thursday Week 1 Thursday 15 October and finishing Week 9 Thursday 9 December 2020
- Each child receives a Marine Scientist Club pack including a beachcombing sheet, notebook, ruler and marine creature alphabet poster
- Casual visits are permitted in Term 4, the cost is $10 per visit
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes and sun protective clothing is recommended
- Weatherproof jacket for wet weather days (some sessions will remain indoors)
- Named water bottle
- Payment in full and completed consent forms are required to secure your booking.
- Cancellations made 5 days prior to the first session of the term will receive a full refund. Cancellations shorter than this period will not be refunded.
- Missed sessions can be credited towards the following term’s fees, upon request.
- Children are to attend Kids Club independent of parent/guardian and may not have siblings or friends accompany them who are not enrolled in the program.
- Instructions given by the Marine Discovery Centre staff must be adhered to by all participants for health and safety reasons.
- Children may not leave the Marine Discovery Centre until an approved parent/guardian signs them out.
- Children must be collected at 5pm – late pick-up fee will apply.
- The Marine Discovery Centre does not take responsibility for any injuries received.
Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is proudly sponsored by SA Water